Cloud collaboration is all about enabling productivity, savings and enterprise mobility. Learn about the trends of enterprise social collaboration with us.
Enterprises actively practice cloud collaboration, knowingly or unknowingly. It is commonplace to share and co-author data among remote, on-premise and virtual members of an organization. It is done so by storing files on the central cloud infrastructure, which can then accessed by any authorized party.
The growth in cloud collaboration is directly proportional to the rise in adoption of cloud computing. Some of the major driving forces for taking up cloud collaboration are:
- Mobility: Enterprise mobility and increase in bring-your-own-device are emerging trends enabling people to connect remotely and virtually. Enterprises can now operate within any part of the world as long as employees have a device with an internet connection.
- Savings and productivity: The ability to collaborate through cloud resources enable businesses to save on infrastructure costs. Additionally, the productivity of the workforce is improved as well. Thus, it is clear that employees enjoy the power and benefits of better connectivity which shows in the work that they deliver.
The cloud collaboration market is steadily on the rise for the coming decade. Forecasts suggest that it will continue to grow at a CAGR of 13.34% between 2020-2025. Moreover, at this rate, cloud collaboration is set to surpass $50 billion in market value by 2025.
North America holds the largest market share, where the most influential factor for growth is cloud computing itself. The drivers for cloud computing adoption are the need for increased capacity and productivity. Not to mention, Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing region.
Enterprise Social Collaboration (ESC)
Adopting cloud collaboration for the convenience of employee communication can be termed as enterprise social collaboration. It includes the use of social media channels as part of company-related communication methods. If implemented correctly, ESC benefits both employees and employers by achieving task completions in new and efficient ways.
Some of the trends which are a part of ESC are as follows:
- DIY Knowledgebase – Self-help manuals, FAQs and other such resources drive social business collaboration.
- Crowdsourcing – utilizing web-based social communities for answers or inputs to see a task to its completion.
- AI and ML – technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning make collaboration tools smarter and help them learn from human behaviour to give more tailored, decides results.
Start With Cloud Computing To Collaborate
Don't waste a minute not making the most of modern IT technologies. Cloud computing is here to enhance your work experience cost-efficiently. Additionally, an OpenStack based cloud is exceptionally flexible and agile to current business needs. It comes with seamless integration to additional tools as well, giving you full freedom to customize your experience.
Enhance the quality of your work and offerings with the right cloud deployment. Get in touch with us to know about our OpenStack services and solutions and how it can help small and large businesses alike.