Acceptable Usage Policy
Policies apply automatically to all VEXXHOST, Inc. clients upon subscription to the Services, including subscription through a third party or any commercial partner. Customer agrees to use the Services only for lawful purposes, in compliance with all applicable law.
Specific activities that are prohibited include, but are not limited to
- Threatening harm to persons or property or otherwise harassing behavior.
- The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security.
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Intentionally or negligently transmitting files containing a computer virus or corrupted data.
- Proxy websites or any type of application that enables a client to route traffic through our network
- Violating Canadian export control laws for software or technical information.
- Misrepresenting or fraudulently representing products/services
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, an invasion of privacy or constitutes an illegal threat, or is otherwise illegal.
- Facilitating, aiding, or encouraging any of the above activities, whether using VEXXHOST, Inc. network or service by itself or via a third party’s network or service.
- Interference with a third party’s use of VEXXHOST, Inc. network or service, or ability to connect to the Internet or provide services to Internet users.
- VEXXHOST will not search, sell, rent, lend, exchange, or give your mail address, your zip code, or your phone number at any third party without your explicit permission. The information provided by you is protected and can’t be accessed by anyone else. VEXXHOST, Inc. will only use the customer’s personal information only as reasonably necessary to provide the contracted services.
VEXXHOST, Inc. has a firm anti-spam policy and applies it. Spammers are NOT welcomed. This includes spamming through open proxy servers or any other kind of unsolicited email advertising. If a customer is found to violate our SPAM policy, VEXXHOST, Inc. may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate customer’s account.
Further, VEXXHOST, Inc. reserves the right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation. VEXXHOST, Inc. will notify law enforcement officials if the violation is believed to be a criminal offense. The customer acknowledges that he is responsible for any and all SPAM related actions which come from their account.
- Sending unsolicited email messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited even if the lists are said to be opt-in.
- The customer will not use another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
- It is strictly forbidden to send out unsolicited email from any other network that advertises, promotes or in any way points to a location inside VEXXHOST, Inc.
You may not use our service to publish material, which we determine, at our sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent, or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including but not limited to: narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings. If you are unsure if your content is objectionable, please contact us before posting it.
Anime websites are not allowed on our network. If an Anime website is found, we will terminate the account. These sites are not permitted on our servers because most of them are illegal, and almost inevitably cause server problems.
File Distribution or Mirroring
VEXXHOST, Inc. forbids the use of service for those who provide mirroring service for other website or websites, and/or whose primary purpose is file distribution. Distributions of executable programs, archive files, or other visual or non-visual file types are not welcome. Clients whose accounts who are found in violation of this policy may, at the discretion of VEXXHOST, Inc., have their account(s) terminated without notice.
It is strictly forbidden to publish adult content on shared web hosting, reseller web hosting, dedicated servers & colocation servers. The restriction applies, without limitation, to images and videos.
System & Network Security
Customer is prohibited from utilizing VEXXHOST, Inc. services to compromise the security or tamper with system resources or accounts on computers at the Premises or any third party site.
On shared hosting accounts, it is strictly forbidden, without prior written authorization, to allow a third party or the user of another web hosting service to use or access your account’s resources. Without limitation, this applies to usage of an account to provide public online services like statistics, image hosting, or any other service targeted to external web sites. At any time, all shared hosting accounts must use an acceptable level of resources and stay below 15% of the total system resources.
VEXXHOST, Inc., in its sole discretion, will determine what action will be taken in response to a violation on a case-by-case basis. VEXXHOST, Inc. may block access at the router level to the Customer’s Equipment involved. If VEXXHOST, Inc. believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of this AUP has occurred, such action may also include, but is not limited to, temporary or permanent blocking of access to Customer’s Equipment or data, and the suspension or termination of Customer’s services under this Agreement. VEXXHOST, Inc. may involve and will also fully cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected lawbreakers. VEXXHOST, Inc. has no obligation to provide warnings under any circumstances and can terminate the account without prior notice if the Customer violates this policy.