SaaS monitoring is an integral part of every product environment based on software as a service. There is a steady rise in new adoption and conversion to SaaS from legacy systems across businesses and industries. Constant and consistent SaaS monitoring ensures that companies offer the best services to customers and have an advantage over their competitors.
Challenges in SaaS Monitoring
Every SaaS-based business faces many challenges in providing uninterrupted service to customers and strives to overcome them. SaaS monitoring plays an important role here as it can determine the strategy to move forward. Resolving challenges quickly will avoid any major hiccups. Here is a look at the challenges that you should be aware of.
- Availability – if any one component of your SaaS package malfunctions, it can affect the whole system. You need to ensure there’s some backup so that users don’t face any downtime.
- Performance and User Experience – All of the transactions and activities the user does through the software must be smooth in terms of performance and speed.
- Resource usage – businesses must ensure that there is no resource wastage with their SaaS. A scalable environment normally takes care of this problem well.
- Manual monitoring – the many components and the data generated shouldn’t have to wait for time-consuming manual monitoring. Automating monitoring tasks can avoid a lot of problems down the line, along with saving human resources and time.
- Security – Data and resource security should always be a priority for businesses regardless of the nature of their business. The SaaS environment should be secured from all types of potential breaches.
Best Practices for Monitoring and Management
Waiting for an issue to occur to take necessary action is the worst thing you can do with SaaS. Proactive monitoring should be the way to go, where you see potential threats before they arise and take steps to alleviate them without affecting the user experience.
What are the strategies and tools that can be used to overcome the above-mentioned challenges in SaaS monitoring? Here is a look.
- Automated monitoring systems
- Consolidation of actionable data from monitoring
- Record user path on your application
- Monitor key metrics such as response time, page health, accessibility, resource use, and availability
- Analyzing page performance and loading issues
- Back-end services monitoring
- Other third-party services monitoring
These pointers in SaaS monitoring will enable you to resolve issues quickly and provide a seamless experience to end users.
VEXXHOST Cloud Services for SaaS
SaaS is a highly beneficial model for users and providers alike, if all the security best practices are met. Businesses get the opportunity to focus on things that they do best while the software service is provided to them for fair prices. SaaS providers and enterprises often need cloud hosting services to support their operations, and that’s where VEXXHOST clouds come in. For many of our clients, our OpenStack-based public and private clouds are the preferred choices because of their highly scalable and secure nature.
Speaking of private clouds, you can now run on a fully agile and customized cloud from VEXXHOST, with no licensing fees and smooth 2-week migration. In fact, we’re ready to put our money where our mouth is. We’re so confident in being able to save you at least 20% or more on your current cloud infrastructure expenditure that if proven wrong- we’ll give you $1,000 credit to our public cloud.
Excited? Find out more.