There have been recent changes with Google AdWords that effects many customers by increasing they're bid amounts on a certain keywords. These changes accord when Google changed it's algorithm last month.
Advertisers who were paying 5 cents are now paying 50 cents or even more to keep their positions. Others are paying the same amount but their places changes two or three pages back. However, this have not targeted all advertisers as some stay not targeted. All these recent changes made by Google AdWords are very important to understand. This summaries the type of site that have been affected.
- One page sales letter websites.
- Squeeze pages.
- AdSense sites (particularly those involved in AdSense arbitrage).
- Affiliate sites. The algorithm gives a quality score to the landing page of AdWords. Here are 3 general methods that will help advertisers who have been targeted by this recent updates.
- Provide quality unique content.
- Put your AdWord link on the best page that describes your products.
- Make links from other page of your website to the AdWord page so it does not look like a one page website. Also you got to remove all AdSense ads from the AdWord landing page and make sure that it contain more than 500 words and there is no form to fill in. As you can see Google is getting smarter everyday so you must not trick the search engines but to try to have valuable information to our visitors. Again, the algorithm truly gives the quality score to the landing page of AdWords.
Again, the types of websites that are being targeted are one page sales letter websites, squeeze pages, AdSense sites (mostly those involved in AdSense arbitrage) and affiliate website. If you have been targeted you can provide quality unique content, put your AdWord link in the best pages that truly describes your products or make links from other pages of your website to the AdWord page.
If you are interested in reading our other blog posts, feel free to check it out of our website. If you have any questions, you can communicate with us through our Contact Us page. One of our support team members will be more than happy to assist you.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter for news, updates and announcements concerning VEXXHOST itself and cloud computing news in general - @vexxhost.