Initially launched in 2014, the Kubernetes project started out under the development of engineers at Google. However, they, in turn, decided to partner with the Linux Foundation to establish the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, effectively making Kubernetes a part of the open-source community. Since moving into the open-source space, Kubernetes-as-a-Service has grown in popularity, encouraging business and cloud providers alike to adopt the software.
VEXXHOST – Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service
VEXXHOST provides infrastructure-as-a-service OpenStack public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud solutions to customers, from small businesses to enterprises across the world. We are committed to working with our users to help architect, configure and optimize their cloud infrastructure to reduce expenses and increase productivity. VEXXHOST delivers a high level of expertise to help clients optimize cloud infrastructure so they can focus on their core competencies.
Our Kubernetes Container Service Offering
The Kubernetes container service is a managed solution built to facilitate the deployment, scaling, and monitoring of containerized applications. Kubernetes combines into logical units the containers from which applications are made of for easy management and discovery. This Software-as-a-Service model eliminates the costs of hiring and training technical staff to run the Kubernetes clusters. Instead, VEXXHOST’s experts will help businesses accelerate their growth and innovation by managing their clusters and monitoring their instances 24/7/365 for them in order to ensure a seamless experience for their users.
VEXXHOST offers a complete cloud computing solution that transcends multiple layers of infrastructure. The first layer, which consists of multiple components including virtual machines, network, and load balancers, is available across public, private (hosted or on-premise), and hybrid hosting models. Our comprehensive services span onto the container layer which houses solutions such as Kubernetes. VEXXHOST offers you tools that work with, automate, and manage most components of your infrastructure.
- Managed & Ready To Use: Kubernetes SaaS is a fully managed and complete solution that allows you to benefit from all the features of Kubernetes without having to worry about hiring and training an operations staff to maintain its installation.
- OpenStack & Kubernetes: As open-source enthusiasts, it is important for us to offer a platform that allows you to chose between Kubernetes & OpenStack. Our CloudConsole houses Kubernetes & OpenStack services, giving you quick access to both solutions.
- Hosting Model Agnostic: Our managed Kubernetes service is hosting model agnostic, which means that whether you are using our public, private or hybrid cloud, you can write once — and let your application run on any infrastructure model.
- Take Control Anytime: Using upstream Kubernetes gives you the flexibility to take over your Kubernetes cluster at any time. Knowing exactly what is happening under the hood allows you to easily modify and configure your cluster if needed.
- Inherently Open Sourced: By running upstream Kubernetes, you can benefit from the huge open-source community of contributors. The lack of vendor lock-in also allows you to move your workloads anywhere Kubernetes is supported.
- Health Monitoring: Kubernetes is equipped with health monitoring which ensures that no workload is being sent to an unhealthy cluster — keeping your critical applications up and running and offering a seamless experience to your users.
- Auto-Scaling: Kubernetes allows you to keep your costs to a minimum by eliminating the manual deployments of multiple miss-sized servers. Auto-scaling will scale your application deployments up and down based on your resource needs.
As per our previous press release, VEXXHOST recently received certification from the CNCF for our Kubernetes, making us one of the few providers to currently hold this accreditation.
“To be able to offer Certified Kubernetes is a significant achievement and means that VEXXHOST has met the high standards and required qualifications of the CNCF. We’re proud to be able to offer expertise and services to our clients that are backed by organizations of their quality.” Says VEXXHOST CEO, Mohammed Naser.
The purpose of this certification is to aid businesses when it comes to selecting the right vendor for their specific operational and production needs. When locating a service provider, it can be easy for companies to feel overwhelmed with information without knowing what it means, or even feel unsure as to what the full extent of their needs is. However, service providers who are awarded the Certified Kubernetes classification are deemed by the CNFC to not only be current and skilled in the deployment of Kubernetes-as-a-service but also to be trustworthy partners capable of delivering support tailored to each company’s needs.
When you choose VEXXHOST, you are choosing a provider with options. Whether our public cloud is the perfect fit for your business needs, or your growth and budget require a move to our private cloud, such a transition can be made smoothly, without any complications or obligation to rebuild your workload. VEXXHOST also offers both bare metal and virtual machines as server options, all within the same environment, should your company not require on-premise hosting.
Our recently certified Kubernetes run on OpenStack’s Magnum, which also supports varying client needs. Magnum is an OpenStack API service that allows cloud operators to offer Containers-as-a-Service to their users. By using open API’s and open-source software, VEXXHOST ensures that your business isn’t subject to vendor lock-in. With us, your workload is moveable anywhere and there will never be a reason necessitating a rewrite of your systems.
Furthering our belief in putting the client’s needs first, VEXXHOST also supports multi-cloud systems. We understand, be it for security purposes or for peace of mind, your business might opt to have their workloads deployed with another vendor in addition to VEXXHOST. Thanks to our Kubernetes being run on Magnum, your company’s workloads can be run on multiple resources for total redundancy.
Some of the most important aspects of your relationship with your service provider are that they feel more like a partner than a supplier and that they are concerned with meeting your needs – not just their bottom line. At VEXXHOST, we take these priorities a step further by also supporting and contributing to the open-source community that makes the software and associated tools available to us all.
You can read all about Kubernetes and know everything that it involves in our all-encompassing post here!